I am a Johns Hopkins trained Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) who uses evidenced based practice includes interventions such as EMDR, Pro-Longed Exposure, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapies (CBT) and highly effective relaxation techniques to help you overcome challenges. My training comes from instructors who are at the top of their fields in those chosen craft. I am one of the few therapists trained to use CBT by its creators, Aaron and Judith Beck. Edna Foa, Ph.D., of the University of Pennsylvania, taught me Pro-Longed Exposure Therapy. I learned EMDR from EMDR of Greater Washington, nationally accredited for teaching this intervention.
- Anxiety, stress, job related challenges
- Skype or on-line counseling (when appropriate)
- Trauma/Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Alcohol and Drug Addiction: Treatment of alcohol and drug abuse or dependence, assessment for drug and alcohol problems, court recommended or ordered education due to an alcohol or drug related charge (such as DUI), education for those challenged by choices surrounding alcohol and drug use, family consultations, referral to rehab, outpatient or residential treatment.
- Assessment, treatment or referral for impulsive behaviors/addiction connected to sex, pornography, Internet pornography
- Supervision for LPC interns seeking an independent license
While many of my clients are civilians or students, I specialize in the counseling of police, fire fighters, soldiers, Marines, former POWs and members of rescue teams. Many patients, who have cleared positions, appreciate my understanding of their need for confidentiality.